So you’ve decided to go ahead and build your dream home. Now here comes the fun…hard part; deciding on the right development, the right builder, the right floor plan for your family’s lifestyle, the best options, and so on. But first, let’s dispel a few rumors out there.
You will save on the price of your new home if you don’t use an agent.
False. You will be charged the same price whether you use a real estate agent or not. Builders depend on Realtors to bring in new clients. A Realtor fee or incentive is built into the builder’s marketing costs and does not affect the buyer’s bottom line.
The builder’s sales representative is your Realtor.
False. The onsite agent represents the builder, not you. They are a necessary part of the process, but remember – their main goal is to make a profit for the builder.
Using a professional, licensed Realtor when building a new Ann Arbor area home can save you time, frustration, and money. Your Realtor will always represent you and your best interest. Here are just a few reasons why it is a good idea to use a Realtor when building a new home:
- Knowledge. A Realtor will be familiar with the different builders and building companies in your area. They can advise you as to who has a good reputation and what incentives each offers.
- Negotiations. A real estate agent can assist you in negotiating the contact. They know what the standard customs of the area are and will add in contingencies to protect you and your money.
- Save Time. Why spend all of your free time driving around from subdivision to subdivision. A Realtor can help you narrow down exactly what you want and need in a neighborhood and find the floor plan that best suits your family and lifestyle.
- Market Comparatives. A Realtor can give you a thorough market analysis to make sure you don’t end up paying too much for your new home based on the area.
- Upgrade Selection. A seasoned Realtor knows which options can add value to a home and which are beneficial to a comfortable lifestyle. They can help you sort through the countless options available and help you choose the best for your budget.
- Mediator. If issues should arise between you and your builder, a real estate agent can be the buffer you need for a smooth transaction and successful closing.
If you’ve been thinking of building a new home in Ann Arbor, Dexter, or Saline, but aren’t sure where to start, give us a call at 734-761-3060 or email@example.com. The Bouma Group has helped countless families build their dream homes without stress and worry. And remember – a builder always requires an agent to accompany you on your first visit to the sales office. Have you built a new construction home with a Realtor or without? Tell us about your experience, we’d love to hear about it!