Next week is the start of one of Ann Arbor’s favorite annual events: The Ann Arbor Art Fairs. This is a fantastic time of year when artists from all over the country come together to showcase their best work and put on the area’s best art show. The Ann Arbor Art Fairs is actually a combination of 4 juried fairs, including the original Ann Arbor Street Fair, the State Street Area Art Fair, the Ann Arbor Summer Art Fair, and Ann Arbor’s South University Art Fair. These fairs have made the Top 10 Fairs list every year since 2004, and have received countless accolades. In its 52nd year, this year’s fairs promise to be at the top for 2011!
The 49th annual Ann Arbor Street Art Fair begins July 16-19, 2008 at the Diag on Central Campus at The University of Michigan and at the north end of Ingalls Mall Lawn. The Art Fair that draws over 500,000 visitors to Ann Arbor welcomes 174 juried artists as well as eight new artists from local universities and and colleges. Enjoy Eco-Art Projects, party with locals at the Townie Street Party and lose yourself in a whirlwind of artisan tents and gourmet food stands! Visit The Bouma Group Blog next week to read about the highlights of The Ann Arbor Street Art Fair.
Handy Information For Ann Arbor’s Largest Art Fair
- Getting There – Find the best route to The Ann Arbor Art Fair
- Artisit Directory – Find your favorite artists or discover the latest and greatest on the art scene!
- 2008 Visual Art Workshops– Don’t miss this exciting work shop led by local artists
- 2008 Performances on The Lawn– Experience local musicians and performance artists
- Imagination Station– Featured at The ArtZone on the south end of Ingalls Mall Lawn offering fun activities for the whole family! Be sure to check out Fantasy Faces, a popular stop for face paintings!