If you aren’t already planning on heading up north, as us Michiganders like to do, and are looking for some fun this Labor Day weekend, there are plenty of things happening in Ann Arbor and the greater Detroit area. From community fairs to performances to football, there is something going on for everyone.
Saturday, September 3
- University of Michigan Football vs. Western Michigan University. 3:30pm at The Big House, Downtown Ann Arbor.
- Eastern Michigan University Football vs. Howard University. 7pm at Rynearson Stadium, Ypsilanti.
- Saline Community Fair. 9am-late evening at the Washtenaw Farm Council Grounds. Fair rides, food, and fun with animals, tractor pulls, motocross, a parade, and much more.
- Old St. Patrick Labor Day Festival. Noon-11pm at 5671 Whitmore Lake Rd, Ann Arbor. Free event. Enjoy live music, a petting zoo, face painting, rock climbing wall, bungee jump, cake walk, Vegas tent, silent auction, Corvette car show, and much more. Pulled pork dinner on Saturday and Chicken dinner on Sunday.
- Detroit International Jazz Festival. Downtown Detroit. Free event. 5 stages of live music that showcases the best in Jazz, poetry slams, kids bop, and art. Saturday fireworks.
- Hamtramck Labor Day Festival. Downtown Hamtramck. Carnival rides, Art Fair, 5k race, live music, Canoe race in the street, parades, polka, food, pub crawl, and much more.
- Arts, Beats, & Eats Festival. Downtown Royal Oak. Featuring over 250 live performances including many big named musicians, over 70 restaurants showcasing their best food, a fine art show, puppet show & kid’s activities, and more.