What To Do Around Ann Arbor this Holiday Season
‘Tis the season for jolly good fun and spending time with loved ones.Wondering what to do this weekend? Here are just a few of the events and activities in and around Ann Arbor this month.
Saturday, December 8
- 19th Annual Cookie Walk. First United Methodist Church. 120 S. State St., Downtown Ann Arbor. 9-11am. Homemade cookies available for sale. Proceeds benefit local, national, and international missions. Free parking & admission.
- Ann Arbor’s Farmer’s Market. Kerrytown, 315 Detroit St, Downtown Ann Arbor. 7am-3pm. Find the perfect, locally made holiday gifts from a wide array of artisans.
- Santa Visits Kerrytown. Kerrytown Markets and Shops, Downtown Ann Arbor. 10am-1pm. Free.
- 3rd Annual Cookie Walk. First Presbyterian Church of Ypsilanti. 300 N. Washington, Ypsilanti. 9am-noon. Hundreds of homemade cookies for purchase. Sit down for coffee & cookies and enter the raffle for a gingerbread house. $1/person and homemade cookies are $7/pound.
Ann Arbor Holiday Activities and Things to Do
The holiday season is here and promises to be bigger and better than ever in Ann Arbor. There are plenty of holiday activities and unique, local shopping experiences in and around town. Here are a few of the things going on in the month of December.
Saturday, December 3
- 40th Annual Christmas Bazaar and Bake Sale. Dexter Area Historical Museum, 3443 Inverness St, Dexter. 9am-3pm. Hand-made gift items for sale, baked goods, raffle, and a visit from Santa between 10:30-Noon.
- Christmas at the Mansion. Gordon Hall, 8347 Island Lake Rd, Dexter. Noon-6pm. Donation of $1/child and $5/adult. Stroll through the mansion, beautifully decorated by Dexter local businesses along with 6th grade classes, while enjoying cookies, cider, a live holiday ensemble, and a visit by Santa.
- Saline Holiday Parade. Downtown Saline at 5:30. Annual parade featuring marching bands, floats, horses and more, followed by the arrival of Santa.
- All the Trimmings Holiday Show. Chelsea Fairgrounds, 20501 Old US-12. Free entry and refreshments. A wide array of offerings from jewelry to fiber arts to wood carvings, holiday greens and more.
- 24th Annual Chelsea Hometown Holiday. Downtown Chelsea, various locations. A fun-filled weekend holiday celebration that begins Friday evening with Santa’s arrival to light the Christmas Tree at Pierce Park at 6pm, followed by many activities and entertainment until Sunday evening. Visit chelseafestivals.com for a complete schedule.
- Santa Visits Kerrytown. 407 N. Fifth Ave. 10am-1pm. Visit with Santa and enjoy live musical performances from local musicians, schools, and groups.