Is For Sale by Owner Right for You?
In today’s market, with home prices rising and a lack of inventory, some homeowners may consider trying to sell their homes on their own, known in the industry as a For Sale by Owner (FSBO). There are several reasons why this might not be a good idea for the vast majority of sellers.
Here are the top five reasons:
1. Exposure to Prospective Buyers
Recent studies have shown that 94% of buyers search online for a home. That is in comparison to only 16% looking at print newspaper ads. Most real estate agents have an internet strategy to promote the sale of your home. Do you?
2. Results Come from the Internet
Where did buyers find the homes they actually purchased?
- 51% on the internet
- 34% from a Real Estate Agent
- 8% from a yard sign
- 1% from newspapers
The days of selling your house by just putting up a sign and putting it in the paper are long gone. Having a strong internet strategy is crucial.
3. There Are Too Many People to Negotiate With
Here is a list of some of the people with whom you must be prepared to negotiate if you decide to For Sale by Owner:
- The buyer who wants the best deal possible
- The buyer’s agent who solely represents the best interest of the buyer
- The buyer’s attorney (in some parts of the country)
- The home inspection companies, which work for the buyer and will almost always find some problems with the house
- The appraiser if there is a question of value
1478 Mark Twain Ct, Ann Arbor MI
Just Listed! You’re not going to want to miss this one! This beautiful home at 1478 Mark Twain Ct, located on over 2 1/2 acres of land with Scio Twp taxes and Ann Arbor Schools has it all! This spacious homes offers:
- 2,590 sq ft with an additional 800 sq ft in finished basement, 4 bedrooms and 2.1 baths.
- Has both a formal living room and a family room with a wood-burning fireplace.
- Eat-in kitchen includes granite counter tops and stainless appliances.
- 4 spacious bedrooms upstairs with 2 full baths.
- More photos & features
- Virtual tour
- MLS # 3250362
- Listed for $450,000
To schedule a private showing for 1478 Mark Twain Ct – contact The Bouma Group, Realtors at (734)761-3060 or email email@example.com for more information.
661 N 5th Ave, Ann Arbor, MI 48104
Just Listed! Gorgeous downtown condo with prime location near Kerrytown and Main Street. Details for 661 N 5th Ave include:
- 1,368 square feet with an additional 161 in finished basement, 2 bedrooms and 2.1 baths.
- Open floor plan from the kitchen to the living and dining rooms makes for easy entertaining.
- Wonderfully updated kitchen with stainless appliances and granite counter tops.
- 2 large and bright bedrooms upstairs along with 2 full bathrooms.
- Complete with your own private deck surrounded by greenery.
- More photos and features
- MLS #3250156
- Listed for $546,000
Contact The Bouma Group Realtors, at 734-761-3060 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a private showing today for 661 N 5th Ave! View photos and amenities for Wickliffe Place Condos here.