Ashford Place Condo Report – March 2017
There is currently 1 condo listed for sale at Ashford Place. So far this year 0 units have sold and in 2016, 5 sold.
Condo for Sale:
- $355,000. 2753 Maitland, Ann Arbor. 2155 sq. ft., +1000 in finished lower level, 2 bedrooms and 3.1 baths.
Sold Condos in 2016:
- $377,000. 2716 Winter Garden Ct., Ann Arbor. 1961 square feet with 3 bedrooms and 2.1 baths.
- $350,000. 2781 Maitland, Ann Arbor. 1961 square feet with 3 bedrooms and 2.1 baths.
- $335,000. 2723 Winter Garden Ct., Ann Arbor. 2253 square feet with 2 bedrooms and 2.1 baths.
- $325,000. 2726 Maitland, Ann Arbor. 2416 sq. ft., +1264 in finished lower level, 3 bedrooms and 2.1 baths.
- $300,000. 2785 Maitland, Ann Arbor. 2235 sq. ft., 460 in finished lower level, 3 bedrooms and 2.1 baths.
In 2015, 3 condos sold with an average sale price of $351,667 and an average price per square foot of $167.00. The 5 sold last year have an ASP of $337,400, down 4%, and an A$SF of $158.00, down 5%. The slight decline in values only occurred after a fairly steady rise since the low in 2009. To keep up with the real estate market at Ashford Place, or to find out what your condo might be worth, call The Bouma Group today at 734-761-3060 or email firstname.lastname@example.org today. See more Ann Arbor Condo complexes here!
2554 Country Village Court, Ann Arbor MI 48103
SOLD! Enjoy the laid-back lifestyle of condo living from this Country Village condominium on Ann Arbor’s west side. Features include:
- 1,496 square feet with 2 bedrooms and 2 full and one half baths
- Study in lower level could also be a potential third bedroom
- Sunny kitchen highlighted by skylight features stainless appliances
- Large Trex deck for hassle-free maintenance
- More photos and features
- MLS# 3246618
- Listed for $249,900
To learn more about The Bouma Group’s new condo listing at 2554 Country Village Ct., Ann Arbor, contact us at 734-761-3060 or email email@example.com. See more Ann Arbor condos for sale here!
Understanding Property Taxes
“In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death and taxes.” Even back in 1789, Benjamin Franklin understood that taxes are here to stay. Before purchasing a property, educate yourself on how property taxes are assessed your area, how they might change after your purchase, and how you or your bank might be paying them. Here are a few tips for buyers in Washtenaw County:
- Property taxes are based on the taxable value of the property and the current millage rate for the area, all of which is public information. You can find taxable values for properties in Washtenaw County here, and 2016 millage rates for the state of Michigan here. The state of Michigan also has an online calculator for property taxes.
- Keep in mind that both taxable values and millage rates are subject to change, but taxable value increases are limited to the percent change in the inflation rate or 5%, whichever is less.
- The exception to this rule is during the year after you purchase a property. For properties sold during the past year, the cap is removed and the current year’s taxable value becomes the State Equalized Value (SEV) of the property. The SEV is based on 50% of a property’s market value.
- In Washtenaw County, Summer tax statements are sent by July 1 and are due on September 14. Winter tax statements are sent by December 1 and due on February 14. Penalties apply for late payments. On March 1 of each year, any past due tax balances are sent to the County as delinquent.
- Be sure to look for any special assessments that may apply to the property you are considering for purchase, and include who will be responsible for them in the sales contract. Will the current seller pay them off, or will the buyer be responsible for payments going forward? One example of this is the 10-year Scio Road Assessment that was implemented in 2013 and is payable in $85 installments each year.
- If you own and occupy a property (it’s your principal residence), you may qualify for a principal residence (homestead) exemption from a portion of local education taxes. Check with your city or township for additional information.
- If you obtain a mortgage to purchase a property, your bank will likely collect your property taxes from you in your monthly PITI payment (principal, interest, taxes, and insurance). You will pay 1/12 of your annual property tax due each month. The taxes and insurance will be held in an escrow account, and then the bank will pay your property taxes when they come due.
If you are thinking about buying a home and need help navigating property taxes in our area, call Ann Arbor’s Real Estate Specialists at The Bouma Group at 734-761-3060. You can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Start your new home search here!
823 Pomona Road, Ann Arbor MI 48103
SOLD! Well-maintained ranch in a fantastic west side Ann Arbor neighborhood close to downtown, parks, and entertainment. Features include:
- 1,074 square feet with 3 bedrooms and 2 full bathrooms
- Additional room on main level could be formal dining space, bedroom, or office
- Professionally-finished lower level with rec space, bedroom, and full bath with spa tub
- Spacious yard with deck and large garage
- More photos and features
- MLS# 3246442
- Listed for $330,000
To learn more about The Bouma Group’s new real estate listing at 823 Pomona Road, Ann Arbor, contact us at 734-761-3060 or email email@example.com. See more Ann Arbor homes for sale here!
2554 Timber Hill Drive, Ann Arbor, MI 48103
SOLD! Contemporary Toll Brothers home located in the distinguished Walnut Ridge neighborhood. Features include:
- 3792 square feet with an addition 1500 square feet in the lower level
- 5 bedrooms, 4 full bathrooms, and 1 half bathroom
- Beautiful two-story foyer with gleaming hardwood floors
- Open kitchen with granite counters and cherry cabinets
- Great room with fireplace and impressive wall of windows
- Large master suite with spa-like bath
- Ann Arbor mailing, Scio Township property taxes
- More photos & features
- MLS# 3246378
- Listed for $894,900
To learn more about 2554 Timber Hill Drive, or to schedule a private showing, contact the real estate specialists with The Bouma Group at 734-761-3060 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Interested in other Ann Arbor residential neighborhoods? Look here!
You’re armed with your pre-approval letter, your wants and needs list, and your knowledge of the real estate market. Now comes the fun part: searching for homes! Like any part of buying a home, the home search has its ups and downs. But once you’re living in your new home, spending weekends shopping for furniture and décor, and enjoying all the amenities of your new location, you know you wouldn’t trade the experience for anything. Here are the moments only home buyers understand.
1. When You Hit “Search” for the First Time
You put your price range, number of bedrooms, and a couple of must-have features into an online home search tool, then hold your breath while the results page loads. Look at all those listings! Your new home is just a click away!
11335 Cady Road, Grass Lake, MI 49240
SOLD! Stunning contemporary home situated on 80 private acres in Grass Lake. Features include:
- 3656 square feet with 3 bedrooms and 3 full baths
- Two story great room with stone fireplace
- First floor master featuring spa-like bath
- Chef’s kitchen with high-end appliances
- 80 acres surrounding the home
- More photos & features
- MLS# 3246408
- Listed for $699,900
To learn more about 11335 Cady Road, or to schedule a private showing, contact the real estate specialists with The Bouma Group at 734-761-3060 or email email@example.com.
Chapel Hill Condo Report – February 2017
There are currently 0 condos listed for sale at Chapel Hill and in 2016, 24 condos sold.
- $192,000. 3320 Burbank Dr., Ann Arbor. 1401 sq. ft., +300 in finished lower level, 3 bedrooms and 2.1 baths.
- $190,000. 3182 Bolgos Cir., Ann Arbor. 1430 square feet with 3 bedrooms and 2.1 baths.
- $188,000. 3502 Burbank Dr., Ann Arbor. 1280 square feet with 3 bedrooms and 2.1 baths.
- $185,000. 3512 Burbank Dr., Ann Arbor. 1280 square feet with 3 bedrooms and 2.1 baths.
- $184,500. 3411 Burbank Dr., Ann Arbor. 1456 square feet with 3 bedrooms and 2.1 baths.
- $178,800. 3110 Bolgos Cir., Ann Arbor. 1280 sq. ft., +300 in finished lower level, 3 bedrooms and 1.2 baths.
- $169,081. 3270 Bolgos Cir., Ann Arbor. 1401 sq. ft., +300 in finished lower level, 3 bedrooms and 1.1 baths.
- $160,000. 3273 Bolgos Cir., Ann Arbor. 1138 sq. ft., +200 in finished lower level, 2 bedrooms and 1.1 baths.
- $155,000. 3115 Bolgos Cir., Ann Arbor. 1188 square feet with 2 bedrooms and 1.1 baths.
- $141,000. 3389 Burbank, Ann Arbor. 1020 sq. ft., +200 in finished lower level, 2 bedrooms and 1 bath.
- For a complete list of sold properties, contact us at 734-761-3060
In 2015 at Chapel Hill, 20 homes sold with an average sale price of $165,928 and an average price per square foot of $132.00. The 24 condo sold this year had an ASP of $170,408, up 3%, and an A$SF of $139.00, up 5%. When comparing current values to the low in 2009, the ASP is up 68% from $101,350 and the A$SF is up 76% from 79.04. For more information on Chapel Hill, contact the Ann Arbor Condo specialists with The Bouma Group, Realtors at 734-761-3060 or email firstname.lastname@example.org today!
Saline Real Estate in Seller’s Market
The Saline Real Estate market ended the year in basically the same way it ended 2015. According to the Ann Arbor Area Board of Realtors, the number of homes sold in Saline increased slightly from 357 in 2015 to 362 in 2016. The average sale price of these homes decreased just slightly from $366,998 to $366,265 with the average days on the market decreasing by 5 days overall. The number of new listings is following the same trend as all of Washtenaw County and decreased 4% with 477 homes listed. It is currently a seller’s market in Saline with an overall 3.6 month supply of homes listed for sale.
Bridgefield Estates Real Estate Report – February 2017
There are currently 0 homes listed for sale at Bridgefield Estates and last year, 3 homes sold.
- $313,531. 3116 Bridgefield Dr., Ann Arbor. 2414 square feet with 4 bedrooms and 2.1 baths.
- $285,000. 3191 Crimson Court, Ann Arbor. 2407 square feet with 4 bedrooms and 2.1 baths.
- $239,000. 3031 Rosefield Dr., Ann Arbor. 1955 square feet with 3 bedrooms and 2.1 baths.
In 2015 at Bridgfield Estates, just 1 home sold with a sale price of $230,000 and average price per square foot of $97.00. This particular home was a short sale and sold for below the neighborhood average. The 3 homes sold in 2016 had an average sale price of $279,177 and A$SF of $124.00. View more information, market statistics, current listings and more for Bridgefield Estates here and if you have any questions about this Ann Arbor subdivision, contact us at The Bouma Group, Realtors today at 734-761-3060 or email email@example.com.