Memorial Day & Weekend Parades & Activities
Memorial Day is more than just a day off of work and school for Americans. It’s the perfect time to attend some of these great activities and honor those that have given the ultimate sacrifice for our country and to teach our youth what it really means. Following is a list of some events going on in the Ann Arbor area.
Saturday, May 26th
- Annual Riverside Park Pops Concert. Free concert by the Ypsilanti Symphony Orchestra. 3:30pm. Taking place at Riverside Park in Depot Town. Bring a blanket or chair and enjoy this annual event.
- VFW Annual Open House & Memorabilia Display. 10am-5pm. Free. Located at VFW Graf-O’Hara Post 423: 3230 S. Wagner, Ann Arbor. View one of the largest private collections in the Midwest, including uniforms, weapons, field gear, personal items, and more from the Spanish-American War until the present.
Memorial Day is a time of remembrance, reflection, and expressing gratitude for our veterans and our country. It’s also a time to spend with family, watch parades, and attend events honoring those that have fought for our freedom and to teach our youth the true meaning of Memorial Day. There are many great events happening in the Ann Arbor area to help celebrate the holiday.
Saturday, May 28th
- Post Open House & Military Memorabilia Display. 10am-5pm. Located at the VFW Post 423 at 3230 S. Wagner Rd, Ann Arbor. Items from the military museum will be on display.
- Celebrate Memorial Day at Your Museum. 12-4pm at the Washtenaw County Historical Museum at 500 N. Main St., Ann Arbor. Learn more about ‘Decoration Day’ and make a traditional wreath or a card to send to a vet.
- Pops on Broadway. 2-4pm. Free outdoor concert at Riverside Park in Depot Town. The Ypsilanti Symphony Orchestra will be performing ‘A Salute to Broadway’ with a picnic immediately following. Bring a lawn chair and be ready for a great time. Continue reading