Dexter Real Estate Market Slows During Holidays
Inventory and sales for Dexter homes have declined as the holidays progress. This is a typical trend for this time of year as sellers either wait until after the holidays to list their homes or take them off the market for the time being. Dexter is considered to be in a balanced market with a 5.7 months supply of homes available. For the under $400k price range, it is a seller’s market and will remain so with such low inventory. If you’re thinking of listing your home, get a jump on the spring market before inventory climbs. There are still lots of buyers out there with low interest rates waiting for great homes to come available! Give us a call at 734-761-3060 or email email@example.com for a free market analysis and real estate advice for your situation!
What To Do Around Ann Arbor this Holiday Season
‘Tis the season for jolly good fun and spending time with loved ones.Wondering what to do this weekend? Here are just a few of the events and activities in and around Ann Arbor this month.
Saturday, December 8
- 19th Annual Cookie Walk. First United Methodist Church. 120 S. State St., Downtown Ann Arbor. 9-11am. Homemade cookies available for sale. Proceeds benefit local, national, and international missions. Free parking & admission.
- Ann Arbor’s Farmer’s Market. Kerrytown, 315 Detroit St, Downtown Ann Arbor. 7am-3pm. Find the perfect, locally made holiday gifts from a wide array of artisans.
- Santa Visits Kerrytown. Kerrytown Markets and Shops, Downtown Ann Arbor. 10am-1pm. Free.
- 3rd Annual Cookie Walk. First Presbyterian Church of Ypsilanti. 300 N. Washington, Ypsilanti. 9am-noon. Hundreds of homemade cookies for purchase. Sit down for coffee & cookies and enter the raffle for a gingerbread house. $1/person and homemade cookies are $7/pound.
Memorial Day & Weekend Parades & Activities
Memorial Day is more than just a day off of work and school for Americans. It’s the perfect time to attend some of these great activities and honor those that have given the ultimate sacrifice for our country and to teach our youth what it really means. Following is a list of some events going on in the Ann Arbor area.
Saturday, May 26th
- Annual Riverside Park Pops Concert. Free concert by the Ypsilanti Symphony Orchestra. 3:30pm. Taking place at Riverside Park in Depot Town. Bring a blanket or chair and enjoy this annual event.
- VFW Annual Open House & Memorabilia Display. 10am-5pm. Free. Located at VFW Graf-O’Hara Post 423: 3230 S. Wagner, Ann Arbor. View one of the largest private collections in the Midwest, including uniforms, weapons, field gear, personal items, and more from the Spanish-American War until the present.
Dexter Real Estate Update – December 2011
North Meadows Subdivision, Dexter is located on the north side of town at the corner of N. Territorial and Mast Roads. This upscale Dexter neighborhood features spacious homes on large, country lots and is just minutes from downtown Dexter, area freeways, and year round recreation. There are currently 2 homes listed for sale, 3 homes have sold, and 1 has been rented.
Homes for Sale:
- $209,900. 1700 square feet with 3 bedrooms and 2 baths. Short Sale
- $365,000. 3626 square feet with 4 bedrooms and 3.1 baths.
Ann Arbor Holiday Activities and Things to Do
The holiday season is here and promises to be bigger and better than ever in Ann Arbor. There are plenty of holiday activities and unique, local shopping experiences in and around town. Here are a few of the things going on in the month of December.
Saturday, December 3
- 40th Annual Christmas Bazaar and Bake Sale. Dexter Area Historical Museum, 3443 Inverness St, Dexter. 9am-3pm. Hand-made gift items for sale, baked goods, raffle, and a visit from Santa between 10:30-Noon.
- Christmas at the Mansion. Gordon Hall, 8347 Island Lake Rd, Dexter. Noon-6pm. Donation of $1/child and $5/adult. Stroll through the mansion, beautifully decorated by Dexter local businesses along with 6th grade classes, while enjoying cookies, cider, a live holiday ensemble, and a visit by Santa.
- Saline Holiday Parade. Downtown Saline at 5:30. Annual parade featuring marching bands, floats, horses and more, followed by the arrival of Santa.
- All the Trimmings Holiday Show. Chelsea Fairgrounds, 20501 Old US-12. Free entry and refreshments. A wide array of offerings from jewelry to fiber arts to wood carvings, holiday greens and more.
- 24th Annual Chelsea Hometown Holiday. Downtown Chelsea, various locations. A fun-filled weekend holiday celebration that begins Friday evening with Santa’s arrival to light the Christmas Tree at Pierce Park at 6pm, followed by many activities and entertainment until Sunday evening. Visit chelseafestivals.com for a complete schedule.
- Santa Visits Kerrytown. 407 N. Fifth Ave. 10am-1pm. Visit with Santa and enjoy live musical performances from local musicians, schools, and groups.
There’s a Lot to Do in Ann Arbor
Fall is one of the most beautiful times in Michigan and always reminds us of why this is a great place to live. The Ann Arbor area has so many fun activities planned to keep you entertained until the holidays arrive. So get out and enjoy the crisp air, sunny days, and gorgeous fall colors. Here are some of the local events planned through Halloween.