5 Tips for Winterizing a Vacant Home
When selling your home during the winter months, there are many things to consider. But when you have already vacated the home and can’t run over before and after each showing, there are a few things you will need to do to have your home ready.
- Winterize the plumbing. Turn off the main water valve, drain the pipes, and put saran wrap over the toilets to keep people from using it and sewer gases from exiting. A frozen pipe can burst and create unlimited damage to a home.
- Hire a snow removal company. Keep the driveway plowed and the sidewalks cleared. Potential buyers can’t view your home if they can’t get to the front door.
- Keep the Flooring Clean. Have a large rug by the door and a sign asking people to remove their boots/shoes. It’s also a good idea to have a roll of paper towels handy for a quick wipe down.
- Lower the thermostat. Save energy, but keep it warm enough so that potential buyers don’t see their breathe when viewing the home.
- Have a trusted friend or neighbor handy. It’s wise to have someone check on the home periodically to make sure lights are turned off, mud isn’t tracked through, the furnace is working properly, all doors are locked, etc.
Following these simple steps can help alleviate some of the worry when leaving your home vacant. This winter has been particularly cold and snowy throughout most of the country and especially here in Ann Arbor. It hasn’t seemed to slow down the real estate market, as we’ve listed more homes in January than ever. To find out more about how The Bouma Group can help get your Ann Arbor home sold, no matter what time of year, give us a call at 734-761-3060 or email firstname.lastname@example.org today!
What a great day for a personal ice cream truck delivery to The Bouma Group office in Downtown Ann Arbor. Thanks to Kitty Rose and Liberty Title for the personal service!
A Beautiful Spring Morning at Hudson Mills Metropark
Get out and experience what Hudson Mills Metropark has to offer in all seasons. In the early spring enjoy miles of paved and off-road trails for walking, running, biking, hiking, and more. This is also a great place for cross country skiing in the snowy winter months. Located at 8801 N Territorial Rd, Dexter, MI 48130.
The Avtomobile Clothing & Art store, downtown Ann Arbor
The Avtomobile Clothing & Art store is located at 309 E Libertyin the basement of the Bead store. I just saw the sign pictured above while I was out walking, enjoying the gorgeous early spring weather we’ve had here in Ann Arbor. Head down and see whats shakin’ at this vintage shop!
Ann Arbor District Library, downtown Ann Arbor
The Ann Arbor District Library located in downtown Ann Arbor is one of four branches in Ann Arbor. It is at 343 S. Fifth St in downtown. This branch carries books, DVDs, Blu-rays, compact discs, magazines, audio books, and more!
Siam Thai, downtown Ann Arbor
Siam Thai in Kerrytown in downtown Ann Arbor, MI is located at 313 Braun Ct. They have great lunch, dinner, appetizer menus with classic thai dishes, as well as a soup menu. You can dine inside or take advantage of the patio once the weather warms up.
The weather has been unusually nice for this time of year, and what a great time to walk around to some of Ann Arbor’s treasures! A little blocked from the construction on the corner of S 5th Ave and W Liberty right now, Earthen Jar is tucked away next to Herb David Guitar studio and Jerusalem Garden. Earthen Jar is a great vegetarian restaurant you must try vegetarian or not!
Dexter Cider Mill, Dexter, MI
Its that time of year! Although the weather still thinks its Summer, the cider mills know it’s Fall! Dexter Cider Mill is open for business, so stop in for some carmel dipped apples & cider!
Cafe Felix, downtown Ann Arbor, MI
Established in 1997, Cafe Felix, is a wonderful European flavored coffee house that has a great outdoor seating area that is perfect for enjoying a summer evening with friends! Cafe Felix is located in the heart of downtown- perfect for any meal or a late night. You can skim their brunch menu for a late morning omelet run, or enjoy delicious crepes.
Downtown Ann Arbor, MI
Dancing in the Streets took place this past weekend on Main St. in downtown Ann Arbor, MI. Dancing in the Streets is an annual free event for all ages- students, senior citizens, kids, babies, and everyone in between, that takes place during Labor Day each year. There are multiple stages, mini-concerts, dancers, and other activities.